Insurance for Europe

Whilst the definitive wording is still being negotiated, after 31st December 2020 UK drivers in the European Economic Area* plus Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland, will need physical proof of motor insurance when they travel. This proof is commonly refered to as a Green Card.

Green Cards are an international certificate of insurance issued by insurance providers in the UK which provide a guarantee that you have the necessary minimum motor insurance cover for driving in the country being travelled to. A physical copy of a Green Card is needed when travelling, as digital copies are not currently accepted. If you arrive at the border without a physical Green Card, you will not be allowed to drive in that country.

We can provide you with a Green Card – we can request these for you. Please contact us as far in advance of the trip as possible – (at least 12 weeks) to ensure you receive the Green Card in time. Some insurers are advising that you need to give them a month’s notice in order to get a Green Card in time for any planned trip

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.